Welcome to Thursday, a day that once seemed lost, with nothing exciting happening anywhere. But then that changed, and today I am celebrating a couple of the bookish events around the blogosphere, like Lexxie’s Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts; and Christine’s Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts.
Today’s featured book is one I just finished, and it had so many delightful food portions that it was hard to choose. In the end, I picked an ordinary one that symbolized the reconnecting of our two lovers. Family Tree, by Susan Wiggs (click for my review), is the story of dreams, love, past love, and all that life throws at two lovers.
In this excerpt, Annie and Fletcher are finally together for a special weekend. A weekend at his comfortable old home, the one they both fell in love with when they first met in high school.
After the old-fashioneds and the porch swing, she’d raided the mostly unfortunate supplies in his kitchen—boxed mac and cheese, white wine, a handful of cherry tomatoes and basil from his garden—and put together a dinner from his humble ingredients. Afterward, they curled up in bed together with bowls of maple-walnut ice cream and listened to Serge Gainsbourg songs drifting from a hidden speaker.
I love the sound of the maple-walnut ice cream!
- The week has been much cooler (80s, with the occasional 90), but it is even cooler in the mornings and in the evenings.
- I’ve been restless, and took my reading with me to lunch on Monday at Marie Callender’s:
- On Tuesday, I participated in a bookish meme, sharing an excerpt from The American Girl. I plan to read it next.
- Today, I wrote about the books I’ve read this week in It’s Hump Day! What Have You Been Reading?
- My interiors are in a state of flux again…read about it in Hump Day Potpourri: More Changes…
- Heather got another tattoo…a dragonfly. I asked her if she still had some available skin…lol
- I’ve written a post about Cherishing My Interior World: Balance? ; I also reexamine the books I continue to add to my stacks.
- Last week, I was planning to visit my stylist (my daughter), but at the last minute, we rescheduled. Tomorrow is the day!
So…that’s my week so far. What are you sharing today?