Good morning, and welcome to the Four Things Meme. I was tagged for this event by Bonnie, atBonnie’s Books.
Four Jobs I Have Had in My Life:
1. Library Assistant: Selecting books for the county schools; shelving books; repairing books; and typing assorted things. (one of my “working my way through college” jobs).
2. Typist for Stanislaus County Chief Administrative Officer: I typed minutes for the board meetings; I was lent out to various departments, including the Coroner’s office, which specialized in files with gruesome photos. (another working-through-college job in the 1960s).
3. Receptionist for a CPA firm: Greeting clients; answering phones; typing up boring columns of figures in tax reports. (1970-71) Waiting for one of those entry-level post-college jobs!
4. Social Worker – Child Protective Services – Fresno County, and for a private foster family agency – three decades worth! (from 1972-2005). Intervention in child abuse & neglect situations; working to rehabilitate the abusive parents; working individually on behavioral management with the children in foster care; training foster parents.
Four Books Read Over and Over:
1. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott
2. Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
3. A Woman of Substance, by Barbara Taylor Bradford
4. Domestic Pleasures, by Beth Gutcheon
Four Places I Have Lived:
1. Apartment in SF, CA during the 1960s
2. House in the suburbs in Sacramento, CA
3. House in the foothills above Fresno, CA- 1994-2007
4. Condo in Fresno, CA – 2007 to present
Four Favorite Books I Recommend:
1. Any one of the books I’ve read over and over;
2. The Weird Sisters, by Eleanor Brown
3. Pictures of You, by Caroline Leavitt
4. These Things Hidden, by Heather Gudenkauf
Four Places I Have Been:
1. Seattle, WA (love it!)
2. Sedona, AZ (magical place)
3. Boston, MA (a weekend long ago)
4. SF, CA in the famous 1960s!
Four Favorite Foods:
1. Coconut ice cream
2. Quiche Lorraine
3. Pesto Pasta
4. Thanksgiving turkey dinner & the fixings
Four Favorite Drinks:
4. Coffee (which I need after having too many of the above-drinks!)
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. Curled up in a beach chair, reading a fabulous book
2. Riding the trains between European countries
3. Enjoying an island retreat, with a good book and a laptop
4. At a book signing, with lots and lots of customers to buy my bestselling book!
Four Things Special In My Life:
1. My four kids (grown and spreading their wings, while occasionally stopping by to visit)
2. My grandkids – especially when I can send them home again
3. My books and other collectibles
4. My computer
Four Bloggers I Have Tagged for This Meme:
So….now I hope to read all of your fabulous fours!